- One cup of mashed pumpkin contains about 245% vitamin A, 19% of vitamin C and 8% Iron
- Pumpkins originally were grown in Central America
- The US produces more than 1 billion pumpkins per year
- Pumpkins are considered a fruit
- Pumpkin pie Is America's second favorite, (Apple wins first place although my husband would disagree.)
These facts (And some more) brought to you courtesy of Real Simple
Read More here: http://tobyour.com/ood48ww
Since its the time of year for everything Pumpkin, I thought that for today's blog post I would just gather a sampling of Pumpkin Links for you to enjoy. Feel free to add some more in the comments area below.
Pumpkin Pie (Paula Deen)
Savory Pumpkin Recipes (Food and Wine)
Pumpkin for Beauty:
Pumpkins (for Fun):
Pumpkin Spice Salt Dough (for kids)
Too Many Pumpkins (Children's Book)
The Itsy Bitsy Pumpkin (Board Book)
*Please feel free to add your own favorite pumpkin links below!